Iam passionate about working with smaller companies, non-profits and innovative startups that infuse fresh perspectives into the business community. I help strategically craft messaging, evolve your collateral, and shape your "digital ecosystem." Your marketing technology will be a reflection of what is modern, efficient and practical for your operational needs and customer base. Scalability, execution and time are top considerations.
As a digital marketer and content strategist, I create and optimize campaigns that convert. My 7-year background in design and development enables a sophisticated understanding of principles, concepts and programming languages that drive user experience design (UX), digital marketing and digital analytics.
I carry an entrepreneurial mindset and continuously look for opportunities to drive actionable results. I ensure investments in technology and marketing pair with clear objectives, performance metrics, and reporting tools that tell a value-based data story.
I believe in life-long learning and regularly pursue continuing education, both personally and professionally. I hold certifications in data science, digital marketing, interaction design, tag management, digital analytics, Scrum, and web design / web development.
- Digital Strategy
- Web Design & Web Development
- Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
- Content Strategy
- Paid Media
- Engagement Campaigns and Brand Planning
- Digital Analytics
- Business Analytics (Performance Metrics)
- Public Speaking, Training and Presentations
- Google Marketing Cloud: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Google Optimize, Google Data Studio, Google Search Console; Google Big Query
- Adobe Cloud
- Wordpress, WooCommerce, Drupal
- Bootstrap 4, Sass
- HTML Email & Marketing Automation
- Marin Software / Perfect Audience
- Hootsuite (Small Business & Enterprise)
- SQL, R Studio
Founder & Head of Digital, 2011—2018
- Vitality Functional Foods | Built a line of organic raw honey from concept to launch. Created brand strategy, product packaging, print collateral, digital marketing materials, e-commerce website, social media properties, and content marketing strategy. Product line accepted into Midwest specialty grocery chain in 2015 and also sold online.
- Hobson Advisors LLC / Hobson Travel | Designed and developed Wordpress website. Created digital marketing strategy for email and social media. Designed and coded HTML email templates. Coordinated audience segmentation and targeting. Created print collateral pieces for Hobson Travel.
- Red Granite Llc. | Developed digital strategy, digital marketing tools, and print collateral. Designed and coded HTML email templates. Created InDesign template for whitepapers. Executed website redesign on Wordpress CMS. Ghostwriter for select blog content.
Digital Analytics & Optimization, 2014—2018
Manage enterprise digital analytics strategy, services, and tools for the AHA and its subsidiaries (60+ digital properties). Create measurement plans that align digital strategy with organizational objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs). Identify optimization opportunities for websites, inbound marketing campaigns, content strategies, audience development, and application development.
- Enterprise audit of analytics tools, SEO, and digital marketing practices.
- Rollout of digital analytics infrastructure, SEO upgrades, SOPs, and training.
- Enterprise-wide Tag Management System installation on 40 web properties and 2 Angular applications.
- Enterprise-wide enhanced e-commerce installation; tracking over $8 million in annual transaction revenue.
- 10 website redesigns, including flagship brand aha.org.
- Instructor and speaker at 60+ training and presentation sessions, mentor to 3 junior colleagues.
Digital Marketing Manager, 2010—2014
Transformed informal meetup group into vendor sponsored, paid membership network for advanced volleyball players.
- Worked with owner to establish company vision, engagement strategy, business operations, and sponsor financing.
- Designed proposals, marketing collateral, website information architecture (IA), ad-hoc graphic design projects, and digital marketing communications.
- Managed activation and workflow plans for live network events.
Marketing Manager, April—July 2011
Served as contract marketing manager and collateral designer for e-commerce social referral integration platform.
- Designed marketing collateral for new business, served as copywriter for new website and print content.
- Coordinated interactive execution strategy and materials for a national e-commerce tradeshow.
Category Marketing Manager, April—July 2010
Led strategic category and market research projects. Exchanged insights with engineers and executive team to refine product design and guide category planning.
- Developed a line of rechargeable flameless candles, specially designed for use in the hospitality industry, and created a strategic plan for implementation into U.S. markets.
- Led category research and development project for flameless jar candles, geared toward activation in national retail chains (e.g. Target).
Account Manager, 2007—2009
Managed distribution, pricing, brand visibility, and promotional activity for Diageo-Guinness USA brands in top 200 accounts. Led event representation and managed agency partnerships.
- Acquired 40+ new points of distribution.
- Led brand representation in key special events, including the Chicago St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Lollapalooza, Guinness Oysterfest, Reggaefest, “Best Pint in America” Tour, and Red Stripe National Steel Drum Tour.
- Applied Neuromarketing | Conversion XL Institute, Professional Certification
- Advanced Google Tag Manager | Conversion XL Institute, Professional Certification
- Data Science | Johns Hopkins University, Professional Specialization
- Digital Marketing | University of Illinois, Professional Specialization
- Interaction Design | University of California San Diego, Professional Specialization
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ) | Google Academy for Ads, Professional Certification
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) | Scrum Alliance, Professional Certification
- Web Design & Development | Truman College, Professional Certification
- Communications (B.A.) | University of Washington, Bachelor of Arts
- Public Relations, Marketing & Brand Identity | School of Visual Concepts, Professional Certifications