After graduating from the University of Washington with a B.A. in Communications, my early career pursuits were focused in field marketing for large consumer products companies. I worked with corporations such as Caribou Coffee, Miller Brewing Company and Diageo-Guinness USA forming branding campaigns, account relationships and sales plans. The exposure to marketing, brand planning and corporate sales operations were extremely valuable components of my initial development.
In 2010, I began a transition into the technology sector, starting with a formal education. I obtained a certificate from the Web Design and Development program at Truman College and began taking on freelance clients in 2011. Since then, I have found my new technical skills and previous corporate marketing experience to be an advantageous combination in managing projects and client relationships. With a seasoned understanding of business operations and strong communications skills, I quickly form an assessment of technical needs and work closely with clients to develop their projects.
To add maximum value for clients and organizations, I regularly pursue continuing education opportunities in my field through seminars, industry certifications and online study. I became a Certified Scrum Master (CSM) in May 2013, and received the Google Analytics Industry Qualification certification (GAIQ) in September 2013.
- Web Design & Development
- Graphic Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Content Creation
- Digital Analytics
- Interactive Product Launches and Promotions
- Campaign Strategies and Brand Planning
- Client/Account Relations
- Written and Oral Communications
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 / Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Flash
- HTML 5, CSS3, Sass
- Responsive Web Design
- HTML Email
- Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal
- Google Analytics, SEO strategies
Web Design & Development, Graphic Design and Digital Marketing Services, 2011—Present
- American Hospital Association / AHA Solutions | Executed a range of digital projects including website landing pages, website updates and HTML email campaigns. Also managed social media activity and Google Analytics reporting/campaign analysis.
- Hobson Advisors LLC / Hobson Travel | Designed and developed new, responsive website on Wordpress CMS. Collaborated with client to create digital marketing strategy for email and social media; designed/developed HTML email templates and coordinated list management. Created print collateral pieces for Hobson Travel.
- Red Granite Llc. | Collaborated with client to develop strategic deployment of print and digital marketing tools. Designed and programmed templates for HTML e-newsletters; created graphic template for InDesign whitepapers. Executed full redesign of company website on Wordpress CMS. Ghostwriter for select blog content.
- Cotter Consulting | Redesigned over 40 core pieces of essential print and digital marketing collateral. Developed corporate style guides and conducted technical trainings for marketing teams.
- Rawdin-Baron Financial, Inc. | Designed and programmed HTML e-newsletter templates, created and managed content strategy with client. Provide technical support and update Wordpress CMS as needed.
- Neeti Arndt, Dreamtown Realty | Designed and programmed additional pages to enhance the existing Wordpress site. Consulted with client on IA strategy.
- Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago | Consulted in wireframing and creating an intuitive new information architecture for the website redesign.
Digital Designer & Marketing Manager, 2010—Present
Design marketing collateral for sponsorship proposals, deliver ad-hoc graphic design projects and maintain network website. Manage activation and workflow plans of large network events.
- Designed IA, content, and wireframes for new company website; interfaced with programmers to implement marketing and design objectives.
- Created social media strategy plans and launched all pages.
Graphic Designer, Marketing Manager, April—July 2011
Served as contract marketing manager and collateral designer for social media software platform.
- Designed marketing collateral for new business launch, served as copywriter for new website and print content.
- Coordinated interactive execution strategy and materials for a national e-commerce tradeshow.
Category Marketing Manager, April—July 2010
Created market strategy plans, led category and market research projects, worked with product engineers to develop functional lines, interfaced with upper management for production and distribution platform planning.
- Developed a line of rechargeable flameless candles, specifically designed for use in the hospitality industry, and created a strategic plan for implementation into US markets.
- Led category research and development project for flameless jar candle re-launch, specifically geared toward activation in national retail chains.
Account Development Executive, April—July 2010
Represented non-profit civil service client in creative development of experiential mobile marketing tour and field activation of program.
- Researched national opportunities for activation at large festivals, concerts and sporting events; provided strategic recommendations and negotiated final partnerships for maximum ROI.
- Introduced launch and direction of social media campaigns. Directed field teams, vendor operations and event partners; prepared client briefs for all activity.
On-Premise Account Manager, 2007—2009
Managed distribution, pricing, brand visibility and promotional activity for Diageo beer brands in top 200 on-premise accounts.
- Organized Diageo representation in local special events and supervised agency partners for streamlined execution.
- Collaborated with local distributor sales teams and assisted in quarterly distributor planning activities.
Field Marketing Manager, 2005—2007
Managed execution of experiential marketing campaigns for Miller Brewing Co. products.
- Maintained positive relationships with client teams, 55-80 retail accounts and local distributor sales teams.
- Recruited, trained and supervised staff of 30-40 promotional specialists.
- Google, Inc. | Professional Certification, Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ)
VIEW CERTIFICATION PAGE
- Scrum Alliance | Professional Certification, Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
VIEW CERTIFICATION PAGE
- Truman College, Chicago, IL | Professional Certificate in Web Design & Development
- University of Washington, Seattle, WA | Bachelor of Arts in Communications
- School of Visual Concepts, Seattle, WA | Seminar Certificates – Public Relations Writing, Marketing & Brand Planning